Etang des Caillats is situated on the same complex as Lac Tournizet in the heart of the Champagne region near the city of Vitry le Francois near the beautiful city of Vitry-le-Francois. In this city you will find all the shops, supermarkets and retaurants you need. You can also find a couple of hotels.
The lake has become very popular since we started working together with the owner, Dominique Couvez. The amount of anglers that return yearly proves this lake is something special. It is the ultimate destination for anglers who are looking for a lake to fish a socail session. Thre lake has only two swims which are both situated on their own peninsula The swim called Vosges is the smaller one and fits a maximum of three anglers. The bigger swim is called Alsace and fits a maximum of four anglers. On each of the swims there is a cabin with electricity (European sockets!), a fridge/freezer combi and a table with two benches.
There are arround 250 carp up to 64b in the lake. There are no catfish or sturgeon and not a lot of silverfish because of the pike that are in the lake. Depending on the season there can be weed in the lake. Because of that we advice you to bring a boat so you can drill the fish from the boat if necessary. It is possible to rent a rowning boat.
- Size 18 acres
- Lots of bays, ridges and hard patches.
- Two swims: Alsace (max 4 anglers), Vosges (max 3 anglers)
- A maximum of nine anglers in case of an exclusive booking
- Carp up to 58lb
- Depending on the season there can be weed in the lake. Because of that we advice you to bring a boat so you can drill the fish from the boat if necessary. It is possible to rent a rowning boat.
- No poison-chat
- Central lodge met showers and toilets
- Depth: 3 tot 12 feet
- On each of the swims there is a cabin with electricity (European sockets!), a fridge/freezer combi and a table with two benches.
It may be that Dominique is not present at the moment of arrival. Just drive to your swim and start fishing. No problem. The owner is not present at the complex all day long. He assumes that his guests know the rules and don’t break them.
Do not assume that Dominique will provide you with the latest tips. He is primarily the host and loves to receive guests on his lakes, but he is not a gifted carp angler! Fortunately, on our website you can get enough info for a successful week, or ask us directly. We have fished the lake several times.
You can order bread from Dominique. He will deliver them to your swim in the morning.
Due to the Corona measures, there is no communal meal on Friday.
- Arrival: 15:00 pm, departure on the next saturday at 10:00 am
- Return the fish in to the lake as fast as possible
- No sacking of fish is allowed
- Max. three rods per angler
- Bring an unhookingmat that suits the big fish in the lake
- Make sure you always have a bucket of water right next to your unhookingmat.
- The use of Klinic (or a similar product) is mandatory.
- Microbarb hooks only
- No braided lines
- The use of leadcore and all other kinds of leaders is stricktly forbidden
- The use of safety rigs is manadotry
- Keep the noise to a minimum.
- Swimming is prohibited
- Use trashbags for your waste and keep the glass and plastic separated
- You may use our car on the complex between 07:00 and 20:00 but only at slow speed
- Rowing boats are allowed.
- Baitboats are allowed
- The only baits you can use are freezerbaits, maize en pellets.
- No nuts, other particles or tigernuts
- Any type of marking the fish is stricktly forbidden..
- Breaking the rules can mean the end of your trip.
You pay for the swim and not per person.
- “Vosges” € 750,- per week (max. 3 anglers)
- “Alsace” € 950,- per week (max. 4 anglers)
- Exclusive € 1.600,- (max. 9 anglers)
- rowingboat € 50,- per week
- 15mm pellets 25 kg € 45,-
- prepared maize 10 kg € 15,-
please order yours at least two weeks before arrival
Distance Calais – Etang des Caillats 350 km
GPS: 48.731536, 4.672129
The route from Reims la Bruléé towards Etang des Caillats (and Lac Tournizet)
Top man is Dominic visits every morning delivers fresh bread and goes which is perfect. Cooked us an excellent lunch on the Friday
The lake 5/5
Boilies Maize pellet.
19 fish in total Grass Mirrors and Commons the biggest 53 lb