In the famous Champagne region, between fields of sunflowers, corn and lavender you can find the stunning lake Lac D’Arcy. It is one of the most popular areas for the English, Dutch and Belgians to fish. Many gravel pits are transformed into carp lakes in the past and there is plenty of choice. We first visited Lac D’Arcy in 2014 and you can immediately see that the property is well taken care of. Clear water with neatly landscaped swims and a beautiful lodge are the first things that stand out. Once inside the lodge you will find a wall of fame with many pictures of the underwater inhabitants. Many wonderful mirrors and massive commons to well over 60lb are caught in recent years tickle your imagination. The entire complex is securely fenced. The bailiff is available to assist you and provide you with tips & tricks. With 11 acres there is place for up to eight anglers in case of an exclusive booking and three when you book half the lake. An ideal water to fish with a group of friends!
• max. 8 in case of an exclusive booking
• 11 acres
• Depth up to 2.5 meters
• You can book half the lake (east or west), or book the whole lake.
• Spacious and well equipped lodge
• Bailiff present
• Carp up to 67lb
• The lake is completely fenced.
• Gravel swims
• Electricity in the lodge
• Fridges (plenty of space)
• Showers and toilets
• Food package possible
• 10 minutes from Vitry le Fancois.
• No poison-chat and crayfish present.
Bring your own unhooking mats, landing nets and weighsling
At Lac D’Arcy the following rules apply:
- Arrival on Saturday from 13:00, departure no later than 10:00 the following Saturday .
- Up to three rods per person.
- The only baits allowed are fresh boilies, freezerbaits, maize and pellets. (maize and pellets sold on site.)
- The use of tigernuts, hemp or other particles and nuts is prohibited.
- Keep bags are prohibited.
- The hook wound should be treated with Klinic or a simular product.
- Only micro-barb hooks allowed, no bent hook rigs.
- No fixed leads. Only safety-rigs utilising a proper lead discharge system should be used
- Use of leadcore and leaders (of any kind) is prohibited.
- Landing net of at least 42 “is required. You must dip it on arrival.
- Bring your own unhooking mat and weigh sling. Size and quality fitting the size of our carp.
- Bait boats are allowed.
- Rods may not be left unattended.
- Main line must be at least 15 lbs.
- Open fires and barbecues are prohibited.
- Waste (separated) into the appropriate bins (including cigarette butts).
Lac D’Arcy West € 1000,-
Lac D’Arcy East € 1000,-
Lac D’Arcy exclusively € 1900,- (for 8 anglers, max. 10 anglers at €237,50 per person for the last 2)
Non fishing guest € 70,- per week
Food Package. € 150,- p.p.
Kitchen use € 50,- per week (This is unfortunately necessary in connection with the frequent disappearance of kitchen utensils)
GPS: 48.687840, 4.677968
You can check the available weeks online in our bookingform. Just pick the week and the swim!
powered by FormCrafts
J.k the bailiff was an absolute gent and look forward to meeting him again soon!
Done the job you need clean and hot so all good!
I wouldn’t say I totally sussed it on my week but I found resting spots defently helped me bag some decent fish!!! Bait used was maize and boile!!
Henk is an abersoute legend so so helpful
The bailiff/owner 5/5
The lake 5/5
Great will be back I promise Thank you.
Start day: 30-06-2018
Aanpakzigs, snowmen,ronnies stiff hinges, floaters straight bottom baits, wafters all fished on either clay, gravel or silt
43lbs mirror carp, 17lbs mirror 37lbs common carp 3 x grass carp to 37lbs
Name: Graham Gordon
The bailiff/owner 5/5
6 of us fished the lake, we have fished the lake previously last year, fishing was slow without a fish being caught until Tuesday. We landed 14 fish in total, 2 of those being 55lb and 54lb12oz, 6x40s to 48lb 3x30s to 37lb and 3x20s to 29lb all of the fish were in great condition and were mainly beautiful commons, we also caught 2 stock fish which both had their inner mouth membranes in place. The fish were showing regularly but seemed to be concentrated towards the lodge end of the lake, 2 of our guys were fishing swims 9 and 10 the guy in 9 had 9 fish the guy in 10 blanked! He is a good angler he tried everything to catch, the fish were all over his swim, jumping and rolling but it didn’t happen for him. The weather may have played a part as it was sunny and warm during the day but cold and clear skies at night. Only one fish caught at night.. Jean-Claude as always is the “man” great guy. Food package was good although the evening meals were a little unusual at times. Maybe be worth thinking about just offering a breakfast only option as the breakfast was great and filled us up for the day. looking to book again for next year but we are looking to come earlier in the year maybe July. Thanks guys.
The lake 4/5
always well tended swims tidy and grass cut, a lot of weed both floating and on the lake bed made presentation difficult sometimes, when we fished last year there was no weed as Jean-Claude told us the lake had been treated to kill off the weed
stiff hinge rigs, Ronnie rigs, wafters
always professional and very helpful