Lac Tournizet is situated on the same complex as Etang des Caillats in the heart of the Champagne region near the city of Vitry le Francois bij het mooie plaatsje Vitry-le-Francois. In this city you will find all the shops, supermarkets and retaurants you need. You can also find a couple of hotels.
Lac Tournizet proves to be more of a runs water then Caillats, but there are also plenty of 30’s, 40’s and a couple of 50’s and a 60+ in the lake. We estimate that there are arround 300 carp in the lake. You can eather book the southern ord northern half of the lake or book the lake exclusively. On each of the sides there is a cabin with electricity (European sockets!), a fridge/freezer combi and a table with two benches.
Largest fish we know of at the moment is 58lb. There are no catfish or sturgeon and not a lot of silverfish because of the pike that are in the lake. Depending on the season there can be weed in the lake. Because of that we advice you to bring a boat so you can drill the fish from the boat if necessary. It is possible to rent a rowning boat.
- It may be that Dominique is not present at the moment of arrival. Just drive to your swim and start fishing. No problem. The owner is not present at the complex all day long. He assumes that his guests know the rules and don’t break them.
Do not assume that Dominique will provide you with the latest tips. He is primarily the host and loves to receive guests on his lakes, but he is not a gifted carp angler! Fortunately, on our website you can get enough info for a successful week, or ask us directly. We have fished the lake several times.
- 11 acres
- Lots of bays, ridges an island, and hard patches to fish to.
- Two swims: North and South (max. 3 anglers per swim)
- A maximum of six anglers in case of an exclusive booking
- Carp up to 61lb
- Depending on the season there can be weed in the lake. Because of that we advice you to bring a boat so you can drill the fish from the boat if necessary. It is possible to rent a rowning boat.
- No poison-chat
- Central lodge met showers and toilets
- Depth: 3 tot 12 feet
- On each of the two sides of the lake there is a cabin with electricity (European sockets!), a fridge/freezer combi and a table with two benches.
- Arrival: 15:00 pm, departure on the next saturday at 10:00 am
- Return the fish in to the lake as fast as possible
- No sacking of fish is allowed
- Max. three rods per angler
- Bring an unhookingmat that suits the big fish in the lake
- Make sure you always have a bucket of water right next to your unhookingmat.
- The use of Klinic (or a similar product) is mandatory.
- Microbarb hooks only
- No braided lines
- The use of leadcore and all other kinds of leaders is stricktly forbidden
- The use of safety rigs is manadotry
- Keep the noise to a minimum.
- Swimming is prohibited
- Use trashbags for your waste and keep the glass and plastic separated
- You may use our car on the complex between 07:00 and 20:00 but only at slow speed
- Rowing boats are allowed.
- Baitboats are allowed
- The only baits you can use are freezerbaits, maize en pellets.
- No nuts, other particles or tigernuts
- Any type of marking the fish is stricktly forbidden..
- Breaking the rules can mean the premature end of your trip.
You pay for the swim and not per person.
- swim “north” 4 swims, max. 3 pers. € 800,-
- swim “south” 4 swims, max. 3 pers. € 800,-
- exclusive € 1.500,- (maximaal 6 anglers)
- rowingboat € 50,- per week
- 15mm pellets 25 kg € 45,-
- prepared maize 10 kg € 15,- (order at least 2 weeks before arrival)
Distance Calais – Lac Tournizet 350 km
GPS: 48.731536, 4.672129
The last part of the route from Reims la Brulee to Lac Torunizet (and Etang des Caillats)
Naam: Jim Dono
Bestemming Lac Tournizet
Host as always great
cabin when rebuilt should face the lake
The lake 5/5
Strongest fighting fish weve encountered in 20 years fishing in france
Boilies and sweet corn
46 carp to 45lb
Very helpful always easy to contact.